Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Spotlight: Betsy Lerner

If you’ve noticed a change in my blog (aside from the fact that I’m back at it again), you’re most perceptive. Previously, I’ve used this space mostly for short stories or multi-part series of longer stories. But over the last year I’ve been reading a number of blogs and while I knew my previous entries were mostly stories that were generally too long and infrequent to make for a good blog, I wasn’t sure what else to do of interest, having felt blocked against writing about my career pursuits as that might sink them. Then I started reading Betsy Lerner’s blog. She’s a feisty writer/book agent in NY who’s got a mouth to shame most sailors. Her Agency is Dunow, Carlson & Lerner. And her books are Food & Loathing and Forest For The Trees (also the name of her blog). She’s got a loyal little following who’ve developed into a real community because she gives short posts 5 times a week ending with a question that lets everyone chime in. And I really like that, so that’s what I’m going to model this blog on for the forseable future. But to make it work, I need people to comment on these posts.
In that spirit, I ask this query: What stops you from commenting on blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment