Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2009 TALA Master Class Back-up and Wrap-Up

I didn’t complete the full masterclass blog in a timely manner, but here's the wrap up. At the time, it just got to be too much. I was barely sleeping and this was effecting my performance in the class. I knew I was pushing myself too hard when we went to see a theatrical performance at the end of Day 7 and I nearly fell asleep during the show. I needed to focus on my pitch and connect with everyone there and enjoy myself. That and my dad arrived on day 8. It was his first time in Israel and that was an added distraction. If you’d like to follow my journeys around Israel since the end of the workshop, check out my Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=705065403&ref=profile) and check out a few hundred pictures, many a status update and some interesting threads that somehow arose with a dozen people I knew from high school that led to my blog about the first time I asked someone on a date. And that lead to the kernel of a new screenplay: “Wasted on The Youth”. It’s a love story in the style of “Groundhog Day” meets “Back to the Future”. As I develop it, I’m growing more and more fond of it and I should have a treatment finished in a few days. In the meantime, here are the highlights from the end of masterclass which the blog didn’t yet cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment