Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rockmoto blog #9 - "Post-Script"

Monday, March 2, 2009


Driving to work this morning I saw a crash. A motorcycle in the carpool lane. A sobering reminder. It raised a morbid interest in me to see how many accidents there really are. Before I saw any stats, Google found me a news story about a fatality last May on the 405 where something fell off a truck and was sitting in the carpool lane. Late at night, some poor guy didn’t see it, hit it and died on the spot. Never had a chance once he made contact.

It made me think of the half a dozen times I've been in a car and run over something on the freeway that could have been a real problem on a bike. I don't mean to fixate on it. And I plan to take the test to get my license. It was just a sobering scene this morning to see traffic stopped in both directions, flashing lights, a guy on a stretcher and a bright yellow sport bike visible at the scene.

Still, someday I’d love to hit an open road on my way to Vegas and just cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment